Not only do our employees help create healthy cookies, protein bars, shakes & soups but they've come up with some delicious cooking recipes as well!
Let's start with Co-Founder of Smart for Life Renata Moulavi's Healthy Balsamic Dressing perfect for your next salad. A fabulous accompaniment to any healthy dish. An everyday use, homemade dressing you must-have!
- In medium bowl, combine vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Mix until well blended.
- Add 1/2 packet sugar substitute if a sweeter dressing is desired.
- For a thicker dressing, add additional Dijon mustard to taste.
- 1/2 cup good balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. dijon mustard, more for a thicker dressing
- 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 packet sugar substitute, optional
If you're a fan of creamy vegetable goodness, this next recipe will be a hit. Check out Lori's Smart Creamed Spinach recipe below!
- Microwave spinach in a microwave safe covered dish for 4 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the French onion dip.
- Cover and microwave another minute.
- Stir and serve.
- 1 bag of fresh spinach, washed
- 2 tbsp. fat-free, calorie-free French onion dip
Missing the taste of mashed potatoes? There are healthy, tasty alternatives available! Cauliflower puree tastes just as good and has NO carbohydrates. This can be enjoyed as a side dish or a thick soup.
- In a medium saucepan, boil the cauliflower florets in chicken broth.
- Remove from heat when florets are easily pierced with a fork.
- Drain the florets, reserving the chicken broth.
- Add the garlic and sodium-free seasoning to taste.
- Whip cauliflower until the consistency of your favorite mashed potatoes using the chicken broth to achieve desired results.
- 2 small head of cauliflower, florets broken apart
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 2 cups low sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- Sodium-free seasoning, to taste
There you have it! You're now equipped with three delicious recipes to try the next time you find yourself cooking. Check back next week for more healthy recipes recommended & created by Smart for Life employees!