Firm, fresh fish (such as red snapper) in the round and grilled with this homemade jerk seasoning mixture and topped with vinegary Escovitch sauce! This recipe is approved for use when on the Smart for Life Weight Loss Program!
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine all of the spices in a medium bowl.
- Set aside half of the spice rub in an airtight container for another use; store at room temperature for up to 6 months.
- Rub both sides of the fish with the remaining half of the spice rub.
- Grill on both sides for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until just cooked through.
- Remove from the grill and immediately pour the Escovitch sauce over the fish and serve.
--> 2 tablespoons ground coriander
--> 1 tablespoon onion powder
--> 1 tablespoon garlic powder
--> 1 tablespoon kosher salt
--> 1 tablespoon habanero powder
--> 2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
--> 2 teaspoons dried thyme
--> 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
--> 1 teaspoon ground allspice
--> 1 teaspoon ground cloves
--> 1 red snapper, scaled and gutted
--> Escovitch Sauce