A lot of companies have started marketing their food as "healthy" even though it may be packed with sugar and harmful chemicals. These companies use buzzwords like "natural" and "organic" to pull in and possibly deceive customers. That's why it's so important to pay attention to the labels on the foods you're eating!
You never have to worry when it comes to Smart for Life Cookies because the cookies are all low sugar and contain zero grams of trans fat. The cookies are also free of preservatives, food coloring, and chemicals.
The American Heart Association recommends woman consume no more than 25 grams of sugar per day and men shouldn't eat more than 36 grams.
Here are nine foods/drinks that may sound healthy but surprisingly contain more sugar than a Krispy Kreme Doughnut.
- Bottle of Naked Juice, Green Machine Smoothie: 53 grams of sugar = about 5 Krispy Kreme Original Glazed Doughnuts
- 1/4 cup of Sun-Maid Raisins: 29 grams of sugar = 3 Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
- Chobani Blueberry Greek Yogurt: 15 grams of sugar = 1 1/2 Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
- Nature Valley Oats and Honey Crunchy Granola Bar: 11 grams of sugar = about 1 Krispy Kreme Doughnut
- Vitaminwater: up to 32 grams of sugar = about 3 Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
- One cup of Motts Apple Sauce: 22 grams of sugar = about 2 Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
- Odwalla Mango Protein Flavored Soy Protein Shake: 47 grams of sugar = about 5 Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
- Quaker Instant Oatmeal in Apple Cinnamon: 12 grams of sugar = a little more than 1 Krispy Kreme Doughnut
- Nesquik Low Fat Chocolate Milk: 22 grams = about 2 Krispy Kreme Doughnuts