Looking for an easy, low-calorie recipe to whip up for dinner? These chicken fajita roll-ups are the perfect meal to keep your diet on track. With wholesome, natural ingredients and dry seasonings, this dish will push you to stay committed to your healthy lifestyle. This meal is a healthy alternative to traditional chicken fajitas because you're not cooking with oil and you're skipping out on the most fattening components, the tortilla wraps and cheese. Feel free to also spread some salsa over the chicken cutlets before serving.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Total Time: 45 Minutes
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 3 chicken breasts or 6 thin sliced chicken cutlets 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Low calorie salsa, optional
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. If using 6 pre-sliced chicken cutlets, skip to step 2. If you're using chicken breasts, cut each one long ways into two even slices. Using the smooth side of the meat tenderizer, pound the chicken to get it to a thickness of 1/4".
2. In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, cayenne, and cilantro. Set aside.
3. Spray baking tray with non-stick cooking spray and place chicken on tray. Squeeze lime and evenly distribute garlic over chicken. Sprinkle seasoning contents of bowl over the chicken evenly.
4. Place 6 pepper slices in the middle of the chicken cutlet, roll up and secure with a toothpick. Do this for each cutlet. Make sure the seam is facing down on the tray.
5. Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Remove toothpicks, serve and enjoy!