Skip the salad tonight and whip up a flavorful meal that will spice up your evening. This recipe only takes 30 minutes to make and doesn't require many ingredients. Cajun spices, tomatoes, onions, and peppers give the flounder a little kick. Feel free to swap out the flounder for another white fish, such as tilapia or sole depending on your preference. If you're not on the Smart for Life program, you can serve this dish over quinoa or rice to absorb some of the sauce.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes | Total Time: 30 Minutes
- Non-stick, zero-calorie cooking spray
- 4 (6 oz) pieces flounder (or any white fish)
- 3/4 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 1/2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Cajun spice seasoning
1. Spray a deep skillet with non-stick cooking spray, place over medium heat, add onion and garlic, cook for a few minutes.
2. Once onion is cooked soft, add tomatoes, peppers, and spices. Stir and cook until tomatoes are soft (2-3 minutes).
3. Place fish flat in the sauce, cover and cook on medium-low until fish flakes easily (12-15 minutes).
4. Once cooked, place fish onto plates and spoon sauce on top. Serve and enjoy!