This tasty recipe is great if you want to try something different. This dish is typically served over angel hair pasta (as seen in the picture below), however, today we are going to substitute the angel hair pasta with zucchini noodles, also known as "zoodles". This will make it a healthier and more nutrient-dense meal, which also fits into the Smart for Life Program. Zucchini contains zero fat and is high in fiber. It also improves digestion, lowers blood sugar levels, improves eye health, and supports healthy circulation and a healthy heart. Spiced with curry powder and ground cumin, this meal is the furthest thing from boring.
Total Time: 25 Minutes
- 8 ounces zucchini noodles
- 8 ounces fresh sugar snap peas (about 2 cups), halved diagonally
- Non-stick, zero-calorie cooking spray
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 green onions, diagonally sliced
1. If you bought premade zucchini noodles, follow the package directions. If you're making them from scratch, rinse of the zucchini, place it in your vegetable spiralizer, once zoodles are formed, spray a pan with non-stick spray and toss in the zoodles. Cook over low-medium heat until al dente.
2. Boil snap peas in water for 2 minutes, strain and set aside.
3. Generously spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and saute shrimp for 2 minutes. Add seasonings and green onions; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink (1-2 minutes).
4. Add zucchini noodles and peas; heat through, toss to combine. Add a little bit of water if needed. Serve & enjoy!