Take a break from your usual go-to salad, and switch things up with this super detoxifying salad, packed with fresh greens, veggies, and herbs. Save time by tossing the ingredients into a food processor to chop them instead of cutting them all up by hand. This detoxifying salad contains a rainbow of ingredients including cabbage, kale, broccoli, carrots, cilantro, and green onion.
**This recipe can easily be modified if you're on the Smart for Life Diet. Instead of using the Japanese Ginger Carrot Dressing, use your favorite zero-calorie salad dressing and omit the sliced almonds and avocado.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Total Time: 15 Minutes
For the Salad:
- 3 cups finely chopped kale leaves
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli florets
- 2 cups finely chopped red cabbage
- 1 cup matchstick (shredded) carrots
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds (omit on Smart for Life Diet)
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 avocado, peeled pitted and diced (omit on Smart for Life Diet)
- 1 batch Carrot Ginger Dressing, listed below (replace with zero-calorie dressing if on the Smart for Life Diet)
For the Carrot Ginger Dressing:
- 1 large carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil (or any mild-flavored cooking oil)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey (or your desired sweetener)
- 1 tablespoon white (shiro) miso
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
To Make the Salad:
1. Put all salad ingredients into a food processor to chop.
2. Transfer to a big bowl and toss with dressing. Serve immediately. (Or if you want to save some of the salad for later, don't mix all of the salad and dressing together. Store the two components separately in sealed containers for two days in the refrigerator.)
To Make the Carrot Ginger Dressing:
- Add all the ingredients to a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and/or add extra honey if you'd like a sweeter dressing. Serve right away or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 1 week.