Whether you're looking for a healthy soup to make for dinner or a recipe that you can make in a big batch for meal prep, this soup is a great choice that will aid digestion, help rev up your metabolism, and boost your immunity. With wholesome, natural ingredients like ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper, this soup will help nourish your body and provide you with a delicious, detoxifying meal.
This cure-all soup will be easy to digest because it doesn't contain any oil, rice, noodles, beans, or legumes of any sort. It is also packed with soft vegetables like kale, broccoli, celery, and carrots that will cleanse and nourish your body.
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 of a red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 1 small head of broccoli, florets
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric, powdered
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- fine-grain sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups kale, de-stemmed and torn in pieces
- 1 cup purple cabbage, chopped
1. Add water to a large pot and place over medium-high heat. Once hot, add onion and garlic; saute for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add celery, carrots, broccoli, tomatoes, and fresh ginger to the pot; stir and cook for 3 minutes, adding an extra 1/4 cup of water if needed.
3. Add turmeric, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper to pot. Then, add remaining water and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat; simmer 10-15 minutes, until vegetables are soft.
5. Add kale and cabbage near the last 2-3 minutes of simmering. Serve and enjoy!