This pico de gallo recipe could not get any easier and can be used for a variety of dishes. It's the perfect topping for tacos, burritos, tortilla chips, burrito bowls and more!
If you're following the Smart for Life Program, feel free to grill up a grilled chicken breast and top it off with this pico de gallo to add great flavor and texture. If you prefer white onion in your salsa, you can easily switch it out for the red onion.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Total Time: 40 Minutes
- 3 medium tomatoes on the vine diced
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- 1/2 tsp jalapeno pepper seeded, finely chopped
- 1/3 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
1. Mix together all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
2. Place the bowl into the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. This will allow all the ingredients and flavors to meld.
Per Serving: 1 Gram | Calories: 18 | Total Fat 0.1 g | Sodium: 33.6 mg | Total Carbohydrates: 2.9 g | Protein 0.7 g