As this is the first week of fall, I thought this spicy chili would be the perfect addition to our newsletter. This is a great recipe to whip up if you need a hearty meal to warm you up or if you're just craving something different! This Italian-inspired recipe is packed with spicy turkey sausage and leafy kale for a delicious and healthy tomato chili.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes | Total Time: 50 Minutes
- 1 lb ground spicy turkey sausage
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 - 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 large bunch kale, torn into pieces
1. Place a large pot over medium heat. Spray the bottom generously with non-stick cooking spray. Add turkey sausage and cook until golden (about 6 minutes).
2. Add onion, garlic, red pepper, chili powder, cayenne, and oregano and cook until tender (about 6-7 minutes).
3. Add tomato paste and stir for 1 minute. Add diced tomatoes and chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer. Add kale to pot and let simmer until chili has thickened (about 30 minutes).